Wednesday, September 22, 2021

DCC Tournament...

A few weekends ago, the boys kicked off the first of their fall golf tournaments. The DCC golf tournament is by far, a favorite of the entire year. Last year, the boys competed in the same age group and came in at 6th and 4th. This year, Remi moved up an age group which put them in separate brackets. 

After day one, Roen was tied for second, 2 strokes behind 1st place. I always say, Roen works his true magic under pressure. He loves nothing more than a good challenge. He came back on day two, made an eagle, drove the ball beautifully, ended up bringing home the gold, winning by 3 strokes. Micah and him make a pretty good team out on the course, and they were both pretty proud!

This was Remi's second 18-hole tournament and he struggled. By the tail end of both days, he was wilting and pretty discouraged. I'm not sure he has ever struggled as much as he did on this weekend, but despite his disappointment, his attitude stayed in check.  We had a good friend step in and caddy for him, which typically helps his attitude and playing. 

Both boys have since played another tournament and though they didn't place, they both played well. These tournaments are fun and we love watching the boys bring home wins, but for me, watching them build character is what I love most!

*I never get many pictures of Remi because once he starts playing, I am forbidden to interrupt his game with pictures. You will also see Micah 'hiding' in some of these pictures- watching your child compete in these tournaments is nothing short of nerve-wracking, especially when someone else is caddying for them!

















1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Well…this may be a repeat!! I commented earlier and it’s gone…poof!
Congratulations on your win Roen! I am proud of Remi for showing outstanding sportsmanship. 18 holes is a lot of golf! I know they both did their very best and that’s always important. You got some good pictures…love the one of Micah behind the tree. Remi and Roen…wishing you all the best…long drives and short putts!! Thanks for sharing! Love y’all bunches ��