Friday, October 1, 2021

Seaside Day 2...

I woke up the next morning still not believing we were in our own modern day Mayberry!

My room was tiny in the coziest way possible- like it had been taken straight from a dollhouse! It had a white, wooden twin bed pushed in the corner, draped with a cozy quilt, the angled ceilings gave me windows right at eye level to gaze through while sitting in bed, a sweet little sconce sat right above the headboard, perfect for nighttime reading and directly across from the footboard was a little builtin shelf full of vintage tin toys. When picking rooms, and this was the last taken, I was hardly disappointed!

I slept several hours past my normal 5:30 AM wake-up, but still wanted to seize the day, so around 8:30, I tiptoed downstairs, made me a cup of hot tea and then hiked up the three flights of stairs to the very top of our house to our viewing balcony. From here I could see the ocean and incoming rain clouds. Once the sprinkles started, I joined Jamey on our front porch and it was truly as wonderful and peaceful as these pictures look. Later when sleepyhead number one (Brittney) and then sleepyhead number 2 (Tiz) finally woke, we spent the morning tucked in from the wet and made a game plan for the day.

We waited out the rain, then hoped on our bikes and strolled over to Seagrove Market Cafe for brunch! We sat out on the patio to soak up some more pretty perfect weather, loving every minute of no time schedule and doing as our little heart's desired! 

After brunch, we hopped back on our bikes and let Brittney lead the way. She has visited this area quite a bit and knew exactly where all the hidden gems were! We went down to Watercolor to hit up candy stores, boutiques, winded through their equally quaint neighborhood and then made our way back to Seaside where we explored little hidden courtyards, a beautiful white chapel and it's outdoor worship benches, then  finished off the square stores, where the girls let me shop the bookstore until my heart's content! I loved the signs outside the shops and how every single one was different but each done with beautiful creativity and design!  We picked up little treasures for the kids, a few things for ourselves and of course, I grabbed a couple of good books!

Way before we were ready, we ended our bike exploring and headed home to get ready for dinner! We showered and spruced and drove over to Grayton Beach where we hit up the Red Bar for amazing grits, yummy drinks, lots of people watching and perfect company! We ended the evening back on the couch trying to talk ourselves into a dive bar, but never quite made the decision before we all ended up in our jammies with blankets!




















1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Oh my goodness…this looks like a book coming to life. Absolutely perfect place to slow down and soak it all in. I love all the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing ♥️