Friday, February 27, 2015

Recent Reads....



The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood: I have been looking forward to reading this book for quite sometime now. Although, it was beautifully written, it left a little something to be desired. I felt like it built up and built up and built up and then ended with a lot less excitement than I had anticipated.

The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks: This was my favorite of the four. Of course, Nicholas Sparks rarely disappoints, but this is some of his better work. I think I saw Micah and myself in these characters a bit and so I got pretty attached to the story emotionally. This is one I would recommend to anyone... just an all around good book with a great ending!

When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde: I loved this book. It was a close second to The Longest Ride. The writing style was pretty cut and dry compared to most other authors I have read, but it was a nice change. Although it was written by a woman, it almost felt like I was reading it from a man's point of view.... probably because this main characters were men. This book shows unconditional love at it's finest... a true inspiration for me as a parent.

The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers: I have to say, I was a little disappointed by this book as well. I liked it A LOT, but with Francine Rivers, I always expect to be blow away. I was not blown away. In fact, there were several parts that came across unrealistic and far fetched. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome story and I would definitely recommend it as a good read, but it didn't hold a candle to some of her other work.

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Wow, you have made hay during this cold spell!! So glad you enjoyed The Longest Ride. It was so good and as I told you it reminded me of you & Micah. Hope you are all ready for the weekend...Happy Friday!! Love you all!!!