Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Stolen Life...

a Memoir by Jaycee Dugard



As you might have noticed, I don't really get to read much any more. By much, I mean ever. However, I saw this book at Target and had to get it!!! I read pretty much the whole book on our way home from San Angelo. The first 3/4 of the book is so riveting, I literally could not put it down!! The things this poor girl went through are absolutely horrifying! For some reason, I am really drawn to books like this. I love reading memoirs because they are real life. Don't get me wrong, I love sweet ending fairy tales, but sometimes it's nice to read about the things that are really going on in this world. The end was a bit slow for me. She explains where she and her family are today and their difficult transition into 'normal' life. Though I thought this was important to give closure to the reader and probably her, it seemed to go on and on.

Overall, great book! It spares no details...be prepared to be emotional overwhelmed for Jaycee!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i've heard that was an interesting read, but like you, haven't had much free time lately! my mom made my kid's shirts, as usual! :)