Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Perfect Match

By Jodi Picoult



I absolutely LOVED this book...and hated it! I was literally glued to the pages and could not put it down. There were times that I was so angry that I didn't know if I could even go on, but it was so good that I had to know what was going to happen. This book touched the part of me that is a mom and a wife. It was so hard to read at times. This book even made me cry....I am not a crier!

A Perfect Match is pretty intense even from the 'get go'. I think this is why I like Picoult so much...she doesn't mess around. She just jumps right in with it and has you addicted to the story in no time at all!

This story is about a 5 year old, Nathaniel. His mom is a DA for child molestation cases. She is very good at her job and feels like she does the best she can for these children. However, when Nathaniel becomes the victim of rape, the best she can do is not good enough. You will read about the love a mother has for her child and the sacrifices she was willing to make. You will also witness how Nina and Caleb relate not only with each other through this nightmare but with their son.

I fell in love with these characters! I felt like I knew them so deeply and loved them despite their flaws. This book is not about black & white; right & wrong....it's about protecting the people you love the only way you know how and standing faithfully by them despite the mistakes that have been made.

This book will make you want to go hug your babies and never let go!

This just might be my favorite Jodi Picoult book so far...it's a close call with Haversting The Heart!