Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Childeren

by Ransom Riggs

I LOVED this book! This was really so different from any book I have ever read. Which I loved! I try to switch up the type of books I read to keep things interesting.

From the cover, this book looks a bit scary. I would say it is more just a little spooky. This book is imaginative, creative book about a boy who seeks out his grandfather's childhood orphanage to get closure on his death. What he finds is world he thought his grandfather had made up. The more he sees and learns, the more and more he gets caught up in this new place. He soon realizes that maybe this peculiar place is really where he belongs.

I love books that really make you think and use your imagination. I almost felt like a child reading this book anticipating what would happen next. The sequel comes out next year. CANNOT WAIT!!