Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Night Circus

by Erin Morgenstern



This book was GREAT! There are not many books that I read say that I loved them, but I really did LOVE this book! In fact, this book is most definitely on my top ten list!

This is by far the most creative book I have read in a really long time. It was so beautifully written, it was almost poetic. It is plain and simple brilliant!

This book is magical. It is centered around two illusionist who are bound at a very young age to a challenge of skill, control and self preservation. Marco and Celia are both very talented and unaware of the each other as components in this challenge. As they grown up under the eyes of their mentors, they are continuously prepared for the day in which their challenge will begin. Once it does, the story unfolds with plots that surround this central relationship.

The author did a WONDERFUL job of character development. There are at least 10 different characters throughout this book in which the author gave intimate insight to with the reader. Each chapter is from a different character's perspective. This tends to be hard to do and keep the story flowing...this was not the case with The Night Circus. I felt the author achieved this flawlessly.

I love when I find a great story that is also beautifully written. This will be an author to follow!

No comments: