Saturday, July 14, 2012

Virgin Suicides...

by Jeffrey Eugenides



This book was a HUGE dissappoint for me. This was one of the books I bought to read on our trip to Africa and I was pretty excited about it. I have been wanting to read this book for quite sometime now and I finally got around to buying it.

I felt like this book had no real climax. I knew exactly how this book would end very early on in the book and the author was not successful in making the 'getting there' very interesting at all. I felt no connection to the characters and felt it had no character development whatsoever. I hate being so negative about someone's writing, but I honestly had to force myself through this book.

There is really no explanation to the sister's suicides and the speculations at the end lacked in creativity all together.

I already bought another book by this same author from a recommendation, so I am crossing my fingers that it is better.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

The movie was terrible. Very disturbing and no real story line except they all kill themselves. I hope the other book is better!