Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our Angel Went Home..

Tonight, Heaven brought home one of it's most prized possessions. An angel that graced us all with her presence for a short 81 years has finally made it home. As, she finally let go of her life here on Earth, I have no doubt that she was welcomed by angels and embraced by her one true love here on Earth...Pa. I picture him hugging her with his strong, dark arms, twirling her around with tears in his eyes. Though, he missed so much in the short time he was gone, he was able to watch from above and as she raised her hand one last time in her last breath, I can't help but wonder if it was Pa she was reaching for. Able to touch him again. Able to look down on us now, with Pa by her side. This is happiness. Grannie and Pa. Together. Again.

Grannie got to hold and love on her first three great-grand babies. Though they won't remember her old spotted hands or her weak arms holding them, I will never forget the true joy those babies brought to her eyes. As Grannie's spark faded, it was always reignited in the presence of her great-grand babies. They will never really know how lucky they were to know a real life angel, but one day they will. One day they will meet the most generous person I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

I'm not sure why God thought I was worthy of having Grannie in my life, but he did. Though I didn't always make time for her or didn't call her as much as I wish I would have, when I did, she always made me feel like the most important person in the world. And honestly, I know I was. That is the beauty of Grannie. We all meant so much to her. To her we were her life, but to us she was our rock. Her family was the most important thing in the world to her and because of this our family is woven together with the sweetest, most incredible love I've ever known. Grannie may be gone, but she has given the gift of her love that will carry on, generation after generation and she will always be felt. My life may feel a bit empty now, but my heart will always have a very precious spot filled with love from my Grannie.

Tonight, Grannie is young again. She wears her wings with honor and stands in awe of a Lord that provides and loves. Tonight, Grannie holds hands with Pa once again. Tonight, Grannie got to tell my daddy what it felt like to hold his grand babies. And tonight, I remember with tears of joy and a tiny ache for just one more hug.


Grannie and Remi- 2009


Grannie and Roen- 2011


Grannie and Mallorie- 2012

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Beautiful tribute to a wonderful woman. Tears are flowing. Aunt Betty will always have a special place in my heart.

The Bobholz Family said...

What a beautiful testament! I pray you and your family find comfort and peace.

laura said...

I always loved seeing your Grannie. What an amazing lady. You were blessed to have her and I hope you are filled with peace now that she is in a better place. Live you, Lauri.

Kiley said...

Beautiful words Lauri!

Michelle said...

Beautiful words for an amazing life!!