Monday, July 29, 2013

And The Mountains Echoed...

by Khaled Hosseini



I absolutely love Khaled Hosseini. His writing is powerful and real. His novels are so deep with relationship that they almost always become gut wrenching at times. This is his third novel and though I can't say it was as good as his first two, especially A Thousand Splendid Suns (one of my all time favorites), it was quite incredible. This book starts with a central relationship and then just spirals out into a trillion others that are all spider webbed throughout time. I was most definitly flipping back and rereading at times just to keep track of characters, but it was so fulfilling. This book made me cry at the end. I am not really sure why, because I wouldn't say it was sad, but maybe it was because I lived many lifetimes with theses characters and felt I knew things I wish I didn't or maybe even that I could go back and change things for them....but that is not life, is it.

I took my time with this book and read spread it out over about 5 weeks. I look forward to Hosseini's next work...until then, pick this little gem up! It will touch your soul.

No comments: