Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My 30th...

This year my birthday was so special. I have to admit, turning 30 was not something I was particularly looking forward to. I think it just makes me feel a bit old that I am no longer in my 20's. However, it was full of wonderful memories.

My actual birthday was on August 26th. I got to spend the weekend with my family. My mom made me one of my favorite meals and I got to spend some much needed time with those that are so dear to my heart.

The boys and I drove home on Monday and arrived just in time for the boys lay down for a nap. Micah left work early, and surprised me with a beautiful necklace that matches the earrings he got me last year for my birthday. That night, Micah and the boys took me to dinner at one of our favorite pizza places, Mellow Mushroom. It was a very sweet evening being taken on a date by three handsome fellas.

This past weekend, Micah took me on a special getaway to one of our favorite places, Fort Worth. We lived in Fort Worth when we were newlyweds way before kids entered our life! Fort Worth holds many sweet memories for us and is ALWAYS a place we love to go...without kids. Anyways, Micah took me shopping all day Saturday and we topped off the evening with dinner on Reata Rooftop (also, a favorite). We slept in the next morning and had brunch down at the stockyards. I just love getting away with Micah and he made sure to fill my 30th with lots of my favorites. Oh yes, and I forgot to mention one of the goodies he bought me are some adorable, pink, glittery loafers.....they look absolutely yummy on my feet!

Tuesday night, Micah's mom and sisters took me out for my birthday. They baked me a strawberry cake and took me out to dinner. I love getting to out with girls...I feel like I am constantly surrounded by loud, stinky boys ALL DAY LONG :) By the time I got home, it was pretty late, but I had the most touching present of all waiting for me. Remi decorated our whole kitchen (with help from Micah after Roen went to bed) to surprise me when I got home. He had planned on hiding behind the couch with Micah and jumping out yelling 'surprise, happy birthday' when I walked in. Bless his heart, he was already asleep when I got home. However, Micah ended up letting him sleep in our bed and as Remi was drifting off to sleep he told Micah that in the morning they would hide under the covers and jump out and surprise me. Micah said they worked really hard finding things to decorate with and that Remi was so excited!

This is the cake he made me on his grill, strawberry lemonade and the timer is how he was timing me coming home...


He had Micah put up crepe paper streamers and he taped up these tulle streamers himself





He had all his little monkeys lined up on the bar for decoration :)




And...in a couple weeks, I have a another girls shopping trip planned in honor of my birthday! All this celebrating sure did make turning 30 fun! If you know me, then you know I love parties, presents and shopping!!

2 comments:

Cindy Rector said...

WOW! You are very special and dear to many people. Bless Remi's heart....he loves him some momma! It is so sweet that Micah helps him pull off his plans. What a great way to end "29" and start the big "30". Can't wait to shop til we drop! Love you!

Whitnee said...

I agree with Cindy...Remi sure does love you! That was the best present!! What a sweet daddy to help his son make his mommy feel special!