Tuesday, February 25, 2014

And The Framing Continues...

So... they are still framing the house. I don't really know how long framing a house is supposed to take, but I honestly thought it only took a week or so. They have been going at this for almost a month now, so I am really ready to get on with the show. I must admit though, every time I go out there I can see progress, so that always puts a smile on my face :)

We were supposed to order brick last week, but of course, I can't find exactly what I had in mind, so we are searching the corners of the earth to find the perfect shade of 'schoolhouse red'.



This is the view of the back. They have not finished framing the porch- it will be an 'L' shape...



Last week, they started framing the shop...



Also on my 'must-have' list, was a tornado shelter. We tend to get lots of spooky weather around these parts and Micah is always traveling! The boys were thrilled to investigate this area!



3 comments:

Cindy Rector said...

Awesome! So much going on and you are so smart to get out there and take pictures. Hope you find the brick soon. So question? What is the slab to the left of the shop? Really like the tornado shelter....especially because it's not underground. Those storm cellars always gave me the creeps! You will know where to find the boys when it's all finished! They will have their own "little" man cave! lol

The Holik's said...

Progress looks great!! Can't wait to see the bricks!!

Whitnee said...

I'm getting so excited for y'all! It looks awesome!!!