Thursday, March 6, 2014

February Reads...

This month, the author of my attention was Daphne Du Maurier. She is an English author and both of the books I chose to read were written in early/mid 1900's. Her books, especially these two, take you to another place and time. A place and time I am sure I was meant to be a part of!



The Horse Dancer: I had to read another book by JoJo Moyes. I just wasn't quite ready to move on yet! This book was quite different from the others I have read of hers. However, it was amazing! I loved this book so much! That being said, it took me awhile before I could get into it. I remember seeing I was on page 150 when I realized I couldn't put it down anymore. Moyes is a British author and sometimes there is a slight language barrier. Do not let this discourage you. This is another great work from her!

Rebecca: I can't remember how I came about this author, but I am so very glad I did. There is something so refreshingly sophisticated about reading books from such a long time ago. This book was written in 1938. The narrator never tells us her name as she takes us through the dark corners of Manderley.

My Cousin Rachel: This was probably my favorite book of the month. I read it right after reading Rebecca, and I personally, LOVED reading these novels back to back, because the settings are so similar. It's like staying in the same English setting, just different characters with a different darkness. I think I will most definitley be reading another novel from Daphne du Maurier!

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Wow....three books in a month (and a short one at that)! I wish I could/would be faithful about reading. Way to go!!!!