Wednesday, July 16, 2014

May & June Reads...

Well, I finally jumped on the band wagon and read Harry Potter. Because there were 7 books and the last four are pretty lengthy, I dedicated two months to completing them.

It was SO GOOD! I loved every single book and am so sad I waited the long to read the series. When you invest this much time into a story and characters, it is so hard when it all comes to an end... the ending was so bittersweet for me. Rowling does a great job of twisting you through the story line as you get to witness the characters growing up before your very eyes. As the characters grow, the story thickens with suspense and depth right up until the very last book.

My two favorite (because who can only pick one) books, were book 3, The Prisoner of Azakaban, and book 7, The Deathly Hallows.

I loved book 3, because this is where Harry finally finds parental love and protection in Sirius Black. I will say, this really was my only true disappointment in the series; his character dying in book 5. I loved book 7, because then ending was so full of suspense and surprise. There were many times where I literally did not want to keep reading because I couldn't bear to see what happened next! The ending, of course, was perfect, and I have to say, I'm a sucker for perfect endings!

I would tell you to go read the series, but I am sure I am the only person in universe who is only now reading them... so go read them again :)

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I'm so glad you finally read the Harry Potter series! It's the best :)

Have you read "The Circle" by Dave Eggers? I think you'd like it.