Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Finishing Touches...

The house is now getting all it's sweet little finishing touches like door knobs and cabinet hardware.

Don't get me wrong, there is still PLENTY to do before this little puppy is complete (like tile, toilets, staining hardwoods, etc...), but the light at the end of the tunnel is at least glimmering!

These just might be my favorite part of the entire house. I looked and looked for the perfect crystal doorknobs, and I believe I found them...



Because of the price tag on the above doorknobs, I chose to do them on only the main doors. Here is what I chose to do on all the secondary doors- closets mainly- and I think they are pretty sweet too...



I chose three different styles of cabinet hardware for the house. My favorite were these mercury glass knobs in the picture below. Because they were also on the pricey side, I only did them in the main living part- kitchen, dinning room, pantry. I did oil rubbed bronze in the boys bedrooms/bath because I didn't think they would really appreciate sweet little glass knobs as they get older. In the rest of the house I did glass knobs.



About half of our countertops have been installed. We changed two sinks last minute and are having do redo some cabinetry to accommodate- so the countertops are having to wait in those areas. I think our cabinet guy might hate us :/

Tile did not get started last week- no surprise there, but hopefully that will get underway soon enough.

Anyways, things are moving along and every time I go out there I have half a mind to bring a couple things with me... like maybe hang a couple of my favorite dresses in my closet just to test the waters a bit :)

3 comments:

Cindy Rector said...

I love your knobs!! Lots of charm in your selections. Micah may have to put a bit in your mouth to reign you in on this home stretch. Lol. Sure is getting close. I can't wait til you post the move in date!!!

The Holik's said...

So pretty! Love the hardware!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness!! Where did you get those doorknobs? They would be absolutely perfect in my house. knh626@gmail.com