Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My Curio Cabinet...

Well, I finally finished my white cabinet. It has turned into a curio cabinet of sorts with all the random pieces, but this space makes me smile.

The very first thing I bought was the mirror. I was browsing one of my favorite shops in downtown Muenster when I spotted this beauty. I instantly knew I loved it and knew it would 100% work or would 100% not work. When it got delivered, it was a perfect fit. Then I started looking for lamps. I am EXTREMELY picky about the lamps I buy. I really hate lamp shades and knew I either wanted all metal or mercury glass. I found these lamps with metal mesh shades from a favorite online store and then it was onto filling the nooks. I knew everything on this shelf had to be neutrals or it would feel junky and I would hate it. Most of the fillers are from local anitique stores and others are just little bits I found here and there.

I just put the finishing touches on the wall with the little posters, yesterday. I lucked into finding the beautiful paper prints locally and spent a grand total of $10 finishing them off with yard sticks and a little brown paint...



2 comments:

Cindy Rector said...

Looks beautiful!! The posters really finish it off. Just perfect for the two little boys in your life!! The lamps are so unique...great job Lauri Anne!!!

The Holik's said...

SO CUTE!! Love the paper prints!!