Thursday, July 16, 2015

July Reads...

So, I haven't gotten to do as much reading as I'd like, but here are a couple of books I just finished. I really enjoyed both books and in a weird way, even though the were completely different, they were also very similar.

My favorite of the two was 'Take Me With You'. This is actually the second book I have read by Hyde. There are a lot of pieces of this book that really just hit home for me. Young brothers, death, adoption, alcoholism... this book was a very 'to the point' simple read but really touched my heart.

Dancing With the Top Down was great. It also focused on a young life with no suitable role models. As you are taken through the 'rock bottom' of the lives of three different women, the reader gets the happy ending when they all come together to create their own happiness with a single road trip. I have to mention, that this book was pretty vulgar. Lots of language, a pretty detailed sex scene and issues that real life teenagers would face. I was personally was not offended by any of these, but just thought I would let you know in advance.

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Ok now you've got to read Grey from Christian's point of view. Thanks for the reviews on your books! Some day soon I want to get started reading again. Love you