Saturday, June 18, 2016

Summer Reading...

Well, here is my first bunch of Summer Reading.

I have to say, every single book was fantastic!!

The first three books are part of the Shade of Vampire series that I love so much. These are books 25-27. Even though these books are simple and quick, I ALWAYS look forward to the next book release. The author, Bella Forrest, turns out these books so quickly- like almost one a month. I love this because I never have to wait long to get my hands on the next book!

The next book I read, was something very special that I hunted down. I love revisiting books that have made an impression on me. Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry is a book I read way back in 8th grade, right after one of best friends read it. I remember loving it so very, very much. So, I searched until I found the exact publication of the book I read in 8th grade. I love that this book is old, worn, reminds me of my childhood and now sits proudly on my library shelf. All these years later, this book still brought tears to my eyes and touched my heart. Great books never tire!

The Obsession was a book recommended to my by my best friend. I knew going into it, that it would be a thriller, and we all know I love a good scary story, so I picked it up. This book was extremely addicting. I loved it!! After about the first 100 pages, I literally could not put it down!

The latest book I read, and my favorite, was also recommended by a friend. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. There really are no words to describe the beauty of this story. I cried my heart out as it came to an end and I don't think I will ever be able to forget these characters that seem to have made a home in my heart. The book centers around two sisters during the Holocaust. Oh, it heartbreaking, passionate, sickening and beautiful. It is a longer book, with smaller words so I took me longer to read, but please don't be discouraged. By the end of the book, it won't feel long enough, because part of the sadness is that it is over. If you have a sister, you need to read this. It is one of the most beautiful novels I have ever read!

No comments: