Monday, August 15, 2016

A Tiny, Little Getaway...

On Thursday, Micah and I hired an overnight sitter (thanks, Madison) and we headed off on a road trip to the good 'ole Hill Country. More specifically, we headed to Gruene, where we saw one of our favorites, Chris Stapleton.

Now, I know what you are thinking, that EVERYONE LOVES Chris Stapelton nowadays, but I can honestly say, we have had a 'thing' for his music since The Steeldrivers. In fact, one of my all time favorite songs is Where Rainbows Never Die. It reminds me of my Pa and of when he started losing his battle to cancer, which almost always makes me tear up.

Here's the thing about Stapleton. He sings on stage with his wife. And really it is more like he sings TO his wife. It is as if they are in their own world- him singing, her with the tambourine, all the while looking into each other's eyes... it really is like witnessing something almost spiritual watching them perform.

To say this little getaway was the highlight of the Summer, would be an undetstatement. I LOVE good music with Micah. It just feels good. And a road trip... well, now that just made me feel like we were back in college!!

The only proof of our presence at the concert is a video of him singing Fire Away. You can hear me singing loudly in the background and I secretly love it because, although, I have a terrible voice, there is just something about being in an audience of 1,500+, not knowing a soul, besides the one with his arms around me, belting out a song and feeling like you are in moment that you never want to end.

Thanks for giving those moments to me, Micah.

We also popped into Magnolia on our way through Waco...like we could pass that up (by 'we' I mean I)...



1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Yay! So glad y'all got to go on this little road trip! Good for the soul! Can't wait to see the goodies you snagged at Magnolia Market!! Great way to end summer and get ready for "two" kids to start school! Love y'all