Thursday, September 8, 2016

A Girlfriend...

Although, Roen has had at least 3 'girlfriends' by the age of 4, Remi has always been super embarrassed about girls.

But...

I am pretty sure Remi has a little girlfriend at school- although, there is no way he will ever admit to this!!

Last year, in Kindergarten, I got a note home from Remi's teacher about Remi talking too much to a little girl named Dani Jo. Then after watching him play with her an entire recess one afternoon, I came to the conclusion, that he might like sweet, little Dani Jo.

This year, when I saw that she was not only in his class again but the teacher had their desks next to each other at Meet The Teacher, I just had to smile.

Last night, as I was putting Roen to bed, I asked him who he had played with at recess. He told me that Remi and Dani Jo chased him and his buddies around all recess. Of course, I couldn't wait to see what Remi would say about this! I guess I just think it's so darn cute and funny all at the same time!

So, first thing when he wakes up this morning, I mention it to Remi, and at first he tried to deny it. But after explaining to him that there was nothing wrong with having a girl for a friend, he just looked up at me with those big, sweet brown eyes and said, "I love you, Mom."

I think that was his way of admitting that he thinks Dani Jo is pretty special and that he loves me because I'm ok with that :)

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Sweet story! I think the relationship you have with the boys is so awesome. You will always have a place in their heart!