Friday, October 14, 2016

Carving Pumpkins...

On Tuesday, Micah came home early from work and we set out on our afternoon of pumpkin carving.



Pumpkin carving is something the boys look forward to every year. We started by cutting the tops off, then cleaning out the seeds. I was in charge of drawing the faces the boys requested- they both wanted a traditional 'happy' jack-o-lantern this year.... which I loved!! I guess I'm a pretty traditional gal. Micah helped the boys with carving- although, both were pretty insistent on needing no help at all!

I grew up eating pumpkin seeds and have passed that down to my own family. Remi LOVES pumpkin seeds as much as I do and this year, Roen actually ate a few! I like to make a sweet batch (with cinnamon and sugar) and a salty batch. So on Wednesday, I made pumpkin seeds which made Remi a very happy little boy (so happy he requested to take them to school for his afternoon snack.)

It's these tiny, little moments like cleaning out pumpkins out on the back porch, on a beautiful October evening, after school, that define family for me. The parts that go by in a flash, that seem so insignificant... these are the ones that matter. These messy orange hands, 'can't wait for daddy to get home' moments.... for these, I wouldn't trade the world...

























1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Great job! It looks like a gorgeous evening. Did Remi want his "Jack" to have his missing tooth? cute pumpkins. Happy Friday!! Love & hugs!