Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Recent Reading...

Here is a little round-up of some recent reading I have done:

Ghost Story by Peter Straub
This book is really hard to critique. Originally, I had very high hopes for this story. I had done lots of research and had expected it to be one of the scariest books I had ever read. For me, it just didn't meet all the hype. It was a good book, creative story and though I always found myself wanting to know what happened next, it was also easy to put down. Maybe the building of the climax took too long. I will say, this book got stuck right in the middle of all kinds of Holiday craziness, so I was stuck on it for over a month. I like to finish my books within a week and more often than not, if it takes longer than that, then it almost goes stale for me. I feel certain that is part of what happened here.

The Third Twin by CJ Omololu
Micah got me this book for Christmas. It was very short, impossible to put down, and a great little thriller. In fact, I would have loved it even more if had been about 100 pages longer!

Shadow House: The Gathering & You Cant Hide by Dan Poblocki
I bought the first book at the elementary book fair this year. Shortly after buying it, the sequel came out. These two books, fall into each other seamlessly. They are very short, quick reads. I found them to be highly entertaining and a bit spooky. Of this group, I think these two little books might have been my favorite. Yes, they are little childish and sometimes a bit predictable, but they are creative and kept me reading. There is a third coming out at some point, and I can assure, I will be grabbing me a copy!



Now, I am moving on to several book sets I have had my heart set on reading. My 'to-read' stack has grown into a basket full of good reads, and I never seem to have enough time with my books, but that is the thing about reading.... it's always there waiting for the perfect time!

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Good job! Thanks for sharing...I'm not sure where you gained your love for "scary" stories, but rest assured it was not from me! hehehe Love you!