Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Series Complete...

Well, I just finished up some pretty amazing books!

For Christmas, Micah got me the Little House on the Prairie book set. I could hardly wait to get my hands on these beautiful books! I love long series like this because it gives me so much more time with the characters.

I remember reading Little House in the Big Woods as a young girl and loving it. I am always on the hunt for beautiful sets that spark my reading interest. When I stumbled on this set, it instantly went on my Christmas list.

These books take you to another place and time where things are simple, hard, dirty and pure. I found myself wishing I was a prairie girl back in time with Laura time after time. I love that I got to follow her from a young child all the way up to her very own motherhood. Though each book captured my heart in different ways, my favorite of the series was book 3, 6, 7 and 8.

I think what I loved most about these books though, was Laura's dad, Pa. From the very first book, he reminded me so much of Micah. From his calm nature to the way that he always found a way to provide for his family, to the way he interacted with Laura and her sisters- Pa was one of my favorite characters. There were so many times I wanted to underline his words and didn't have a pencil!

I will admit, that when I finished the very last book, I cried. In the last book, I also found out some exciting information! Laura and Almanzo's house still stands today, and it is a museum full of special items she writes about in her books. Micah has promised he will take me up to the Ozarks to visit what has become a very special place in my book heart.

If I had a daughter, this would be the very first set of books I bought her. There are lots of good series out there, but this has to be one of the very best!!


{source}

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

What a sweet review! How cool that their house is still standing and that some day you will get to see it! Micah rarely disappoints...so I'm sure you will be able to cross that off your bucket list! This set of books is something that I think I would enjoy reading. Takes you back to a simpler time. Thanks for sharing your treasure and I bet this set looks fantastic in your library!
Have a great Thursday and rest up for the wonderful weekend ahead! Happy "early" Easter! Love & hugs to you and your "boys"...(all three of them)!!