Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Roen and Cub Scouts..

Roen has wanted to join Cub Scouts ever since Remi joined last year. Last week, was his very first meeting. Because Micah was out of town, I took him to his meeting. I left Remi at home with a sitter so that I could fully focus and being with Roen. I have never actually gone to one of Remi's Scout meetings because Micah has always taken him, so this was a brand-new experience for me.

I think one of my favorite parts of being a parent is seeing how very different siblings can be when they are are so close in age and have grown up in exactly the same environment.

This particular meeting, the boys put together a rocket kit for the big rocket shoot-off this week. Remi had his meeting earlier in the week and Micah said he was adamant about putting the rocket together by himself. Roen on the other hand, had zero interest in the rocket at all. In fact, all he wanted to do was eat the cookies and play with his friends. For Roen, it seems, joining Cub Scouts is all about socializing!

I can't really blame him, there are only four of them total and the three other boys are his three very best friends. Aren't they the cutest...

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Handsome foursome! It is interesting to see the differences in children doing to same thing. I'm thinking I was a lot like Roen...😂 So proud of both boys. Love & hugs!