Thursday, July 26, 2018

Adult Beach Trip...

Last Thursday, we woke up early, met friends at the airport, hopped on a plane and headed to a paradise Micah and I have never visited...

Dominican Republic, Punta Cana!

We love the Caribbean, and would love to visit all the islands in our lifetime! Typically, we like to include the boys in our oversea adventures, but sometimes, a little adult time is just too good to pass up!

This trip was different from our typical beach trips because we didn't spend much time in the actual ocean. There was a kelp infestation which made getting in the water very gross. However, we had still had an amazing time! We drank fresh coconut, sang karaoke, souvenir shopped along the beach, drank Pina Coladas, hit up the pool, played sand volleyball (well, I didn't- but I had an amazing time sipping a Miami Vice while I watched everyone else getting sandy and sweaty- yuck!) and danced our hearts out at the disco bar. Our trip was an overload of dancing, singing and laughing with some of our favorite people!

One afternoon, we did take a boat out and did a bit of snorkeling. They gave us giant bread rolls to hold out to the fish and I can honestly say, I don't think I have ever been surrounded by so many fish! It was awesome!

Dominican Republic from above...





Our resort- Iberostar Grand Bavaro...











Kelp infestation...



Days at the beach...










Coco




Paco

Nights out...














1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Absolutely beautiful! Those little monkeys are so cute. See you had Remi & Roen right there with you...hehehe! I really appreciate you sharing your pictures because that is more than likely the only way I will ever experience these places. Keep traveling and I will enjoy every minute through your posts! So happy that you all had a great time and that y'all are back home safe & sound.
Love & Hugs!