Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Moving...

Not gonna lie, moving in the midst of fall football & Homecoming busy has been a challenge! My mom has been a superhero and been here every step of the way- I literally would be drowning in boxes if it weren't for her help. She has unpacked almost all of our boxes, taken car of the dogs, run the boys to and from school, stayed home to get furniture deliveries and kept the pavement hot coming back and forth from our house during the week and checking on her house on the weekends.

As she unpacks, she bring things in, sets them out and in between me playing booster club princess, I put away stuff whenever I can, as fast as I can. On top of that, this season of life has thrown a whole slew of curve balls at us, that has me emotionally drained and physically exhausted. But we will get settled, we will count our blessings and we do our best to glorify God in all the things!

Mom and I started on Saturday and Sunday and successfully got the entire kitchen and boy's closets moved. We filled up my car and hers and took load after load, trying to get enough moved that come Monday the boys could be settled. We spent our first night at the new house on Saturday- mom and Micah and I slept on mattresses on the floor and the boys had new beds delivered so they at least had beds (lets not mention that I bought the wrong size bed frame and ended up having to also buy new mattresses to fit their new beds)! Movers came Monday and Tuesday and we have been unboxing ever since!

Both boys were a HUGE help and took golf cart loads of things to help get their rooms moved. They worked their tails off and I never heard a single complaint! I think their level of excitement was off the radar!

Here are just a few little pictures I snagged during our move, and please note the very last picture I took in our old house was of Remi, Anne and Lady.







1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Wow!! You had all hands on deck and the boys creative move of their clothes is pretty impressive!! The old saying…where there’s a will there’s a way…they nailed it! Poor Ro lost a shoe…hopefully it was found 😂. I’ve been sending extra prayers during this transition and I know each day will get better. Thanks for sharing the pics and know that soon the smell of cardboard will be GONE!! I’m anxious to see the new home in person, but until then…keep posting!! Love y’all 😘
PS….whoever cleaned the windows behind the outdoor bed/swing did an outstanding job! 👏🏻👏🏻