Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Fall Days...

We loved every minute of our visits with Anne- I think she came three weeks in a row, helping us get moved in and settled! 

We have also loved having a pizza oven again and have had pizza night more times than I can count- Remi and Micah have become quit the little pizza team! 

I feel like the house is always buzzing with teen boys, where you will find them golfing on the simulator, eating on the patio or taking a late night dip. The boys seem to be going non-stop these days and Remi plays catch-up on sleep anytime we are in the car it seems, Roen prefers catching up with an early bedtime.  

Micah has taken Remi fishing to scope out fishing holes and I have had several quiet pool days to myself where the weather also lends itself to a mug of hot tea. I have started my spooky reading for the season and have done a bit of spooky shopping for some upcoming trips! I can't wait to share my upcoming travels, but you will have to wait until I have pictures to share and adventures to report!

I am also sharing a little glimpse into the most magical room in the house... my library! Since this picture was taken I have moved in some comfy seating in front of the fire place, but this little retreat is where you will find me most evenings after getting the boys to bed. I click on the fire, get out a good book and settle in, not quite believing this space is all mine!

Right now life is pretty wonderful. New normals have started setting in and this season of life is shinning with the little things- prayers with the boys at bedtime, boyhood friendships, cooler mornings with pumpkin spice sunsets, reading in front of the fire and dinner on the patio as a family. 

This fall has been a reminder of life's little blessings and given an appreciation for new chapters!

*Also my sweet Little Lady has an obsession with sitting on things! She sits on Benny all the time, but on this afternoon while I was alphabetizing my books, she found her a cozy little seat on some books! A poodle on some books in a library... that is just too much!



















1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Where oh where is the LOVE button! This one gives a few more sneak peeks into the house and it’s beautiful! I think I could live in your library for sure. Especially in the winter. I know Anne enjoyed helping y’all get moved and spending time together. The outdoor dining would be so nice. A perfect view every time. I’m thinking Little Lady was not only providing herself with a resting spot, but also saying that’s a wrap for today, mom! Thanks for sharing these fall days and I will be excited to hear about your upcoming adventures!! Your little pumpkin slippers are so cute!! Staying tuned!! Love y’all 😘