Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monkey Bread...

Remi got this Monkey Bread kit in his stocking. I have been waiting for the perfect time to make this with him. Well, that perfect time never really happened, so we just did on some random morning when Micah was out of town and both kids were up. I don't know why I didn't wait until Roen was napping. It turned out ok, but I think I am a little too ambitious sometimes! Anyways, Remi loved helping! I would give him little jobs and he kept looking at me before doing something to make sure he was doing it right. It was really cute! Remi rarely thinks before he does anything!! It was all going good until...

it was time to put the bread in the oven!

I knew this would happen before we even started. For some reason, Remi doesn't understand the concept of baking. Remi loves Cinnamon rolls, so we have them about once a week. If I tell him we are having them before they are ready, he has a meltdown because he can't handle them going into the oven! I think he just gets so excited to eat that he thinks I'm being mean and making him wait for no reason!

Anyways, we finished the monkey bread and I fixed him a little bowl to have with his lunch. And of course, he had one teeny, tiny bite!! This boy has no interest in sweets. I guess he takes after his daddy, because I honestly have no interest in real food. I could live on cupcakes, Oreos, cake and more Oreos :)







This is Remi's "I'm mad face" about putting the bread in the oven!


The finished product...I ate about 3/4 of these before I felt like a glutton and threw the rest away :)

No comments: