Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Host...

By Stephanie Meyer



I would give this book 3.5 stars

I really liked this book and loved a lot of it. This is the same author that wrote the Twilight Series and though I was not hooked by this book in the same way, it did capture my heart in a different way. This book really has you thinking outside the box most of the time. In fact, this is considered Science Fiction....something I have absolutely NO interest in! However, Stephanie was so creative with the characters and the entire plot that at times I really forgot I was reading about 'aliens VS humans'.

If you are wanting to read something different, but not too far out there, then this is a great choice. I really liked reading this following the Hunger Games. After reading something as capturing as that series, I find it really hard to know what to read next. This was completely different and I think I needed that.

I didn't get hooked on this book immediately. I was actually semi-bored until after about 120 pages. I know that seems like a lot, but considering it was a 600+ page book, I figured I had to give it at least that.

Underneath it all, this book is really a complicated love story. I knew the ending would surprise me, I just wasn't sure what road she would take us down. I was very pleased with the ending and though it wasn't a picture perfect ending, I felt like she gave the reader some sort of closure with every character.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Thanks for the review. This book has been on my shelf for over a year. I need to read it.

Whitney Cypert said...

Thanks for doing a review! One of my good friends loved this book and they are also coming out with a movie so I have been thinking of reading it.