Saturday, June 23, 2012

50 Shades...

By E L James...

Yes, I jumped on the band wagon! Actually, I heard about this trilogy long before all the fuss started. I did lots and lots of research on this book (as I do most books I read) going back and forth on weather I wanted to read them. I bought them along with several other books and kept these to read after I had finished all the others. By the time I started them, pretty much everyone I knew had read them or was reading them.

I am not going to go into this review in much detail, but there are several things I want to say.

First of all, I loved this trilogy. The story was great, the characters were honest, real and flawed. I like characters that are believable. No one is perfect and I find it refreshing to connect with characters that are 'real'.

Secondly, I was not in the least offended or put off by this book. You can look on the back of the book and find the words 'Erotic Romance' on the bottom left hand corner. That is what I expected and that is what I got. I was not embarrassed nor did I feel weird about reading Christian's and Ana's interactions. In fact, it was a nice change of pace....my taste in books is very broad. I liked these parts as much as the story line.

Thirdly, I did not find this book to be 'trashy'. Like I said, it is an Erotic Romance and that is what you have to expect when picking it up. The story this book tells is so intriguing. The author does an incredible job at captivating the reader with the plot, emotions and relationships. I felt she did a great job at weaving the sensual with the everyday happenings. It did not feel forced or out of place.

Funny thing is, I an not really that smitten by Christian Grey. There are certainly things about him that I found appealing, but like I said, he wasn't perfect and to me his place is perfect with Ana.

Have you read it? What did you think?



No comments: