Monday, July 9, 2012

Africa...

Africa was incredible!! As promised, I have tons of pictures to prove, but unfortunately, they just don't do the experience justice! I will feature different parts of our trip all this week, so I don't have one post with a million pictures.

Here is a rundown of our agneda:

Day 1-2: we flew from Dallas ---> Atlanta ---> Johannesburg, South Africa
Day 2: we flew from South Africa ----> Biera, Mozambique (via helicopter)   ---> Mozambique Bush
We stayed in the bush for 7 days
Day 9-11: flew from Mozambique Bush (via Bush plane) ---> Biera, Mozambique ---> Johannesburg, South Africa ---> Entebbe, Uganda ---> took a small charter plane to a little village near Nkuringo, Uganda where we drove about an hour up to the mountains where we stayed in Nkuringo- we stayed here for two nights
Day 13: flew back from Nkuringo, Uganda ---> Entebbe, Uganda
Day 14-15: flew from Entebbe, Uganda ---> Johannesburg, South Africa ---> Atlanta ---> Dallas

We did A LOT of traveling... but it was well worth all the incredible things we were able to see and experience!

The hardest part, was being away from my babies. I missed them like crazy! By day six, I really was having a hard time. However, I was kind of stuck, so I just had to get over it. It was always hardest when I would talk to Remi on the phone. He would say things like "I miss you Momma" or "I love you Momma" and it would just make me burst into tears. I finally decided not to talk to him anymore. I would just talk to my mom or sister to make sure they were okay. I tried to make my conversations quick and not too detailed about what they were doing. I know this sounds harsh, but I made it a whole lot easier. I think the more I knew, the more it made me feel like I was missing out.

Once we landed in Dallas, we hopped in the truck and headed straight to San Angelo to get the kids. I could hardly wait! I really thought Remi would we indifferent to us and Roen would be the one to really love on me...
Roen could have cared less, in fact, when I tried to take him from my mom, he pushed me away :( I guess you could say he got pretty cozy with my mom while I was away! Remi on the other hand, was all about me helping him do things and being with him. It made up for Roen not wanting anything to do with us! By the next day, Roen was loving on me again. I am just thankful that they had fun and were loved on so much!

I cannot tell you how good it feels to have my babies in my arms again!


Headed to DFW


Preparing for out 15 hour flight to Joburg


These seats laid back like beds... thank goodness because I can't imagine having to sit up the whole time!

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

More, more, more.....can't wait until tomorrow! Somehow I missed seeing the pictures at lunch Saturday.