Saturday, August 11, 2012

The American Heiress...

by Daisy Goodwin

This book was extremely captivating and addicting. I loved it from the first page to the last. This book will most definitely have a spot on my 'favorite books shelf'. In fact, it might be in my top 5!

This book is set in 1983 in England and centers around one of the richest families in America. After Cora's 'Coming Out' Ball, her mother takes her to England to give her daughter the one thing money can't buy...a title. Cora ends up with the Duke of Lulworth and very quickly Cora realizes that she is the outsider and at many disadvantages socially. As the new Duchess, Cora has much to learn.

This love story had me reeling until the very end. I think I went back and read the ending at leat 3 times.

The only negative thing I can say about this book is I was sad when it was over. I could not get enough of these characters and have decided that I was born in the wrong century. I wish I could get my hair done every day, where jewels to dinner and clothe myself in beautiful dresses for breakfast, lunch and dinner!



No comments: