Friday, September 21, 2012

THREE...

Today, Remi is THREE! I cannot believe my first baby is already three! My love for this little man almost brings me to tears just describing it. And honestly, I can't. Remi is a daily challenge to parent, but rewarding in the most amazing ways. He is strong-willed, smart and a little bit sneaky. He is constantly getting put in timeout for pushing, hitting and being ugly to Roen. He tells us 'no', runs from us when he is trouble and even lies sometimes. He throws fits with the best of them...running around like a maniac, screaming bloody murder.

But...

Remi is my sweetheart. He snuggles right up in the nook of my side to watch TV. He tells me all the time "I love you Momma", or "I sorry, I not do that no more". When he wants to cuddle, he will say "I want you Momma". He helps me around the house BIG TIME. In fact, he is the best helper I have. When he thinks no one is looking he will share his candy or soda with Roen. He has the most sweet and sincere heart! When we pray at night, he always seems to mention the people who really need praying for...I don't know how kids know things like that, but he does. My favorite time of day with Remi is bedtime. I love reading him stories with his little red flashlight, praying and then snuggling until he falls fast asleep. Those moments right before he dozes off are so incredibly touching, that it is almost spiritual. He will grab my face, give me a kiss and say "Momma, I love you a little bit and a lot". It is those moments, that make being a parent wonderful. Knowing that you must be doing something right because a kid full of that much love, must indeed, feel loved just as much.

And, here are some tidbits about Remi Roo...

Still takes one nap a day around 12:30 until around 2:30

Goes to bed around 8:30 or 9:00

Wakes up pretty much every night and gets in bed with us, or I will go lay with him in his bed until he falls back asleep.

Is a great eater. Eats almost anything I put on his plate and willingly trys everything at least once.

Loves strawberry milk, Franklin and hotdogs

Tends to get shy around people he doesn't know or when it's a big group

Is fully potty trained. He wears pullups at nap time and bedtime.

Wears some 2T and some 3T clothing. Actually, he wore alot of his 18-24 month shorts this Summer from last Summer. He is a little squirt.


blowing out his candle on his blue sprinkle doughnut that Daddy got especially for the birthday boy!!









4 comments:

Whitnee said...

Happy birthday bugaboo! You are so special to all of us. We love you so much!

Michelle said...

Remi is so precious! Happy Birthday!

Cindy Rector said...

I love all the pictures! He is such a blessing in all our lives. You & Micah are wonderful parents to "two" very special little boys!

the artist said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!!!! I can't believe how grown up and precious you are!