Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ready Player One...

by: Ernest Cline



It took me quite awhile to finish this book. But that had nothing to do with how good it was. These past couple of months are super crazy getting ready for Christmas, so my reading time has been cut short.

Anyways, I LOVED this book! My sister-in-law gave it to me for my birthday and I am just now getting around to reading it. It is not a book that I would have picked off the shelf and most definitely not a book that I would have bought. It is a futuristic, sci-fi type book that revolves around video games. I have never really been into playing video games, but I can still remember as a child I LOVED to watch my brother play video games. Because, I am so horrible at things like that, it always fascinated me how good he was.

This book is based in the future when the world is in a downfall crisis. Everything has fallen apart and the economy is almost non-existent. Thus comes in the OASIS. Basically like our internet, but on a much larger scale. It is essentially a video game that everyone lives their life through. Very interesting. When the creator of OASIS dies, his whole inheritance is left up for grabs for the player to finish his elaborate game hunt.

This book is almost impossible to describe, but I loved it! A very different novel full of intense video game playing :)

No comments: