Friday, September 6, 2013

Remi's First Day of School...

Well, it has come and gone. That huge milestone that all us mommies prepare our hearts for. My baby had his first day of school. The same school that his daddy went to years ago.

He was such a big boy! At his school, the parents pull up in the drive and they come get your child out of the car for you. It really makes things feel less like 'mommy is leaving me' and more like 'bye mommy, I'll see you later'! As we were waiting in line, I asked Remi is he was gonna be sad. He said 'yes, I gonna miss you momma'. Then I asked him if he was going to cry and he said no. And sure enough, when the teacher's aide came out and got him, he said bye, and away he went. However, I was already teary-eyed and when Roen realized Remi was leaving without him he burst into tears and just cried and cried :( He wanted to go with Remi so bad! Of course, this made me really start crying. It has just been so amazing watching these two little rascals bond for the past two years and this transition has been tough.

He said his favorite part was going to the 'park'...aka the playground....melt my heart :)

Here is my little fella...isn't he the sweetest thing ever?!

4 comments:

Cindy Rector said...

Can I get a "handsome"!!!! It's like he went from a toddler to a sweet young boy in the blink of an eye! So heart breaking for poor RoRo (momma too). Bet they had fun when he got home.

The Holik's said...

How handsome!! What a big boy!!

laura said...

He's a stud! He looks like the perfect mix of you and Micah. Hope he loved school!

Whitnee said...

He is one handsome fella!