Monday, December 16, 2013

We Closed...

Last Monday, we officially closed on our house. We went out there one last time and my heart broke just a little because leaving your home for good is always sad.

I never want to forget what this home meant for me. I hope I never forget the boys pulling up their chairs to our big front widows when the yard men came, or the many afternoons we spent out on the front porch playing in the rocks drinking lemonade, or the big sandy area just before the forest on the side of our house were we built sandcastles and planted apple trees, or our quiet street where I pushed Roen in the stroller as a baby and as he grew where the boys drove the Gator up and down, or the back porch were we had many picnics, or the parades we had up and down our sidewalk, or how our front door always stayed open because we spent all day outside and the door just really didn't need to be there, but more than all of this, I especially hope I never forget how this home fed the adventurous spirit that lives so deep in the souls of my boys...

Earlier in the morning, before we left for closing Roen looked me stratight in the eyes and said 'momma, I want to go home'. Ya'll my heart just broke into a million pieces. I love that he still remembers his first real home but it is so hard to take something like that away from your child. Never forget my darling, never forget.

This is the only picture I took that day, so I'll post it for the memory. They were watchig TV while we waited for Micah to come pick us up...



This is a very hard chapter of my life to close. I don't tend to be sentimental until it comes to my kids, and for me, our house and the land mostly, are covered in the sweet little footprints of my babies.

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

WOW!!! I am pretty much speechless and teary eyed. This was a great place for all of you and thankfully memories do live forever in your heart. I was so lucky to get to come and spend some time at this house with you, Micah and the boys and will never forget the peacefulness that it brought to my soul. Sitting out on the back deck was the BEST!! Looking forward to your new HOME...and the boys look adorable. Remi is really in to his show! Love you all!!!