Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It Finally Happened....

On Thursday, January 2nd, it finally happened.

It only took him 2 years, 7 months and 21 days, but...

ROEN CLIMED OUT OF HIS CRIB!!!

I honestly never though this would really happen. Roen loves to sleep and I guess I thought he would never really see the need to crawl out of his bed.

He was a bit upset with me for trying to put him to bed in the first place. He didn't want to stop playing and was throwing a fit. I sat him in his bed and he just popped his leg over the rail and climbed down like he had done it a million times. I didn't know weather to cry, get mad or rejoice that sweet little Roen could actually put his terrible twos to use!

The crib is really low, and because he is so old, it really doesn't seem dangerous. Our new house should be completed around his third birthday and I had just planned on transitioning him to a big boy bed once we moved. There is actually a twin bed in his room now, but it is pretty high and he has trouble getting on and off by himself. So, I am thinking there is more of a chance of him hurting himself falling off the bed than climbing out of his crib.

For now, I am keeping him in the crib. I guess I will just have to wait and see how long that lasts :)

Yesterday morning, I heard Roen in his room like normal. I usually don't go get him out of his crib until his hollering. However, it had been awhile since he had been up and when I opened his door, he was on the floor playing with his trains.

Remi already doesn't sleep well.... please, God, don't let Roen start... I just might go crazy if I have to battle both boys at bedtime.

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

How sad....no more babies sleeping in the CRIB! Isn't it odd how long he stayed in there and you have to wonder what made him decide to climb out. At least he gets out and starts playing with his toys instead of running into your room. Gosh it's had to think about him turning 3 in just a few months:( You or Micah must have been a handful growing up cause it's coming back to get y'all...just kidding! Give those two rascals a big hug & kisses from CiCi. Have a great "HUMP" day!! Love you!