Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Years 2014...

This year, we got together with Aunt KiKi & Jaime and Uncle Steven & Trent for New Years Eve. It is always so hard to find sitters on New Years Eve because almost everyone has plans, so we all had a celebration with our kiddos. Probably not quite as fun, but the kids loved it!

I started the New Year off practicing great parenting skills, by letting my 4 and 2 year old stay up until 1 o'clock. It was a bit tricky, because trying to get the boys to go to sleep on a palette, on the floor, together, while we were all up playing games (loudly), was just not going to happen. I gave up and decided instead of laying there to regulate the wild animals for an hour or so while they fell asleep, I would just let them stay up.













We all had a blast, but if your wondering how the kids mangaed to stay up so late.... they barely survived! This is Remi 'resting his eyes' on the stairs!



I had the fantastic idea of starting the New Year off at one of our most favorite places. No matter how late we stayed up, I wanted Micah, the boys and I to all go have brunch at Joe T Garcias. This place holds many memories of our young married life before kids and we honestly go every chance we get. I think we might start this as a tradition...







And yes, I have 'those kids' who are up out of their chairs at restaurants and act like they have never been out in public. If you ever see us out at a restaurant with them, just ignore the chaos and know that we only take them out to eat when we are truly desperate to get out the house and can't find a sitter...

Or you could just feel sorry for us, because truly, these boys are a force to be reckoned with :)

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Out with the old and in with the NEW! Looks like the kids had a blast. More parents should include their kids in the New Year celebrations. Way to go!! I love the shot of Remi "resting his eyes" on the stairs. These kids are ahead of me....I don't remember the last time I was up at 1:00 a.m.......unless it was to go potty! lol Anyway, I wish you all the best that 2014 has in store. I know it will be exciting on so many levels but moving into your new house will be at the top of the list! P.S. - Tell Micah he sure looks handsome holding that "baby girl"! I wonder if he got the fever!!! Love you all!!!