Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy First Day of School...

Today, my heart is happy because the boys and I laid in bed until 8:30 watching Tom & Jerry, because I didn't have to send them off into that big scary world and because I still have ONE MORE PRECIOUS YEAR with my baby before he leaves Roen and I wondering what to do without him :)

As hard as it can be to be with my kids day in day out, at the end of everyday when I go in and peek at their little sleeping faces, I am so very glad that I continue to weather through the hard days because like they say, the days are long, but the years are short. I know these years I have given to the boys at home have meant something to them, to Micah and probably most of all to me. They say your child becomes who they are in the first few years of their life... I feel honored to get to witness these little adventure seekers be molded everyday.

The boys will start back to pre-school later next week- it is three days a week for 2.5 hours each morning, so I know I am lucky to still have them with me most of the day for now.

To all you mommies and daddies out there who sent your babies off to kindergarten today... I said a prayer for you... because next year I will need them in return!

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

How sweet! When we take the time to pause and reflect it allows all the precious moments to pour in. Enjoy every minute. Hope y'all have a fun filled week. Love y'all