Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Boys' Rooms...

The boy's rooms were really the first places I spent time decorating. I wanted their little spaces to be welcoming and special from day one.

Here is the little hallway that leads to their room (right off the main living room)....







Remi's room was so fun for me. I filled it with animals, wood textures and little boxes and baskets that he could fill with all his treasures. Remi loves animals, outdoors and anything he can tie or build. I think his room turned out pretty 'Remified' and if anyone who knew the boys at all walked into our home, they would have no problem knowing which room was his....


He LOVES his campfire nightlight and secret book box- and please notice his big book of maps- also a favorite of his




It was very important to me to have built-ins in this house. They add character, functionality and unlike furniture, will always age gracefully with the house. Both boys have these built-ins. Remi's shelves are filled with a pencil box, a wooden fox box, books held together with sweet puppy dogs, his name train, and a sweet little picture of my dad and his brother. Remi felt very honored when I chose his little shelf to put this very special picture on. He loves to hear me talk about my dad, which makes my heart smile :)










Roen's room is red, gray and filled with firetrucks. I honestly, LOVE his room. The red and gray and sweet little firetrucks...it's just all so sweet. There is only a certain time in a boy's life that he can have a firetruck bedroom and Roen wouldn't have it any other way right now :) He is very proud of his room and sleeps great in his new bed... actually he has fallen out of bed several times, but he recovered nicely :)

Roen's room still has a 'little boy' feel to it, which I love. I filled his room full of trucks and truck books... Roen LOVES trucks!





The boys have a Jack and Jack (as Micah says) bathroom. I love that there is really only one toilet in the house they use because lets be honest... Roen can't aim for the life of him! All that pretty white wainscoting... yea, I have to get after that with Clorox wipes daily! Each boy has their own sink and then they share a toilet and tub. I did their bathroom in navy & green towels, navy striped shower curtain and red stools... still sweet enough to please me but hopefully will grow with them...







And that is about it for the boy's bedroom/bath area. Tomorrow I will share the place where they place...

2 comments:

The Holik's said...

SO CUTE!!

Cindy Rector said...

Oh this is better than I imagined!! Their rooms are so cool. You have outdone yourself. Can you do two posts a day??? I can't wait to see the rest. Love y'all