Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Paradise...

This Summer, we headed to the Caribbean. Turks & Cacios...the island of Providenciales to be more exact. Right in the heart of Grace Bay, I literally got to spend a whole week on one of the prettiest beaches in the world, just steps from our back porch. I took every opportunity I could to not only swim in our pool that overlooked the most breathtaking waters I've ever seen, but also indulge in hours of flopping around in the salt waters and sand like a brown-headed Ariel. In fact, I might have referred to myself as a 'real life' mermaid several times on this trip.

I can't really describe a place like this, but believe me, it took my breathe away and I felt like I had never really seen an ocean until a week ago. Because it was 'off season'- not lobster season- the island was a bit slower than normal which meant not many people had to witness my above said flipping and flopping around on the prettiest sand I have ever dug my feet into. Did I just say sand was pretty? Well, it kinda was. The way crunched seashells were mixed among sand so white I might have wanted to taste it... just once... let's just say I was in my own personal beach heaven. Sand, water, books, music, sleeping in, no kids, pink sunglasses.... it was all a bit surreal and now all I can do is look at these pictures and think how very blessed I am so have such an amazing man to do these little 'escapes' with.

Here is a little run down of our trip...

Day One:
We got up around 3:00, flew out at 5:30 and arrived a little after noon. We spent the day at the pool and had dinner at the local Conch Shack. I had Conch fritters and they were delicious!



This was our home for the week...







Day Two:
I slept in and then spent the whole day at the beach swimming, reading at the pool and just relaxing. For dinner we ate a place called SharkBite where I had some sort of fish burger.

Day Three:
This was my favorite day. We met up with Captain Lucky and Mate Darren who took us fishing on the reef first off. I caught two strawberry grouper and several other fish were caught including a HUGE nurse shark. After fishing, Darren dove down and caught four Conch off the ocean floor, which would be part of our lunch. After this, they took us to a small island, told us to relax and cooked the fish we caught and the Conch for our lunch. This was by far the best meal of the entire trip! After lunch, Darren taught us how to dance like they do on the island to none other than the Reggae version of George Straight's The Chair. After we had full bellies and danced our hearts out, we went snorkeling on the reef where we saw Angelfish, lobster and lots of underwater magic. We were so worn out by the time we got home that we ordered pizza for dinner!




See that little critter in there... we ate him... he was delicious!








These HUGE iguanas were running all over a little island (that was created by Hurricane Donna back in the 80's) we stopped to visit on the way home.

Day Four:
This was my best friend's birthday and all she wanted to do was relax..... so we spent the entire day soaking up the sun at our pool, snorkeling and kayaking on the beach, reading, listening to music and cooked steak, baked potatoes and salad for dinner. We even had birthday cake!



Day Five:
This was a very long day. We spent this day with Captian Leo and Mate Alex deep sea fishing. I can't remember all the fish that were caught, but I do remember that I caught a Barracuda! For lunch, we had fresh sushi from one of the fish we caught... best sushi I have ever had. I guess it doesn't really get any fresher than that!













Day Six:
Micah and I woke up, went parasailing and came back to the house for 90 min massages. For dinner we hit up a local place called Bugaloos. The food was awesome!






This was Huebert. He was our little taxi driver for the trip. The nicest, cutest person ever!!

Day Seven:
We did a little souvenir shopping, ate scrumptious burgers at Big Al's (mine had cheese, fried eggs and bacon...yumm), relaxed and had dinner at a little place on the beach before going to bed early for a long day of traveling home on day seven!







To the prettiest beach I have ever seen to date... it was awesome, it was a blast and I hope one day in the far future I might make my rounds back to Turks & Caicos!!! Until next time, you did us right!

No comments: