Monday, December 19, 2016

Dancing At School...

Thursday, was the boy's dance program at school. They just finished up their dance unit in PE and each grade did a 30 min performance during PE for parents that wanted to come watch.

I honestly thought they would be doing little dances to things like, Rudolph and Jingle Bells. Well, it was so much better than that! They were doing line dances and hip hop dances....

and the best part....

the parents were invited to come down and dance with their child!

If you know me, then you know how much I love to dance. I was thrilled at the opportunity to dance my heart out while thoroughly embarrassing my children :) Of course, this being an elementary and all, I had to tone my moves down a bit, but it was a blast!

Other than the square dancing with a partner, Roen just stood there and barely moved- even when I was dancing beside him. Remi on the other hand, sprung out some serious dance moves to Justin Timberlake's Can't Stop the Feeling. Then when I went down to dance with him, he loved it! We laughed and danced through three different songs! Usually Remi is more reserved and Roen is my child who lets go and gets silly... apparently Roen hasn't caught the 'dance bug' yet.

My camera batterty died right after they started, so enjoy these super grainy and high-quality cell phone pics...









1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Love this! I was shocked that Remi was the one who danced. I only wish you would have been able to get them on video. It's certainly been a great half year of school. I can't wait to see if Remi will bust out some dance moves when y'all visit next time. Maybe by next year Roen will be shaking a leg! Love & hugs!