Thursday, January 26, 2017

Out My Kitchen Window...

To you, this might just look a couple of kids killing time in the backyard before supper.

But to me, this is is a Daddy giving the most valuable thing he has to his boys- his time. Every day- and I mean, Every. Single. Day. Micah comes home from work and asks the boys if they want to go outside and play ball. In my little corner of the world, this is all it takes to make me happy...

looking out my kitchen window and watching the most amazing man I know give his time to our boys. My dad died when I was just three years old, so I don't have memories like this tucked away, and I know first hand, having a dad is a gift, not a given.







1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Truly priceless! I will say that although you don't have memories of your daddy playing with you....he did! He was never too tired to play. It is a gift that so many children never receive and that is sad. Tomorrow is not promised, so I am very thankful that Micah gives of his time to two precious little boys. You can see the happiness on their faces. I'll say once again....as I always do...thank you for sharing these most special moments with all of us! Love you all....very much!