Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Germanfest 2017...

Every year, the little town just a few miles west of us, throws a big, weekend long festival. The last time I went, Micah and I had just gotten engaged!

We woke up Saturday and despite the chance of rain all day long, we decided to take the boys until we got rained out. Well, it never rained and we had the very best time! We rode camels, visited the petting zoo, rode carnival rides, rock climbed, got our faces painted, drank old fashioned root bear, ate schnitzel sandwiches, sausages and fried potatoes! We had the best Saturday afternoon with the boys!





















Remi is certain this is the world's longest french fry...















Of course, the boys were lucky enough to win goldfish. I half expected them to die, but when I woke up Sunday and they were still swimming around in their tiny containers, I made a trip to the store to get them food and a tank. Roen told me this time, he wasn't going to get his fish out and play with it like he did last time (needless to say, his last fish didn't make it)!




















1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Great memories! They look pretty scary with their face paint. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. And of course they won goldfish! Lol. Heck if they survive long enough you'll have a big "pool" for them to grow up in...
Hehehe!
I know you all had a great time and came home with some tired boys! Thanks for sharing..love you all.