Thursday, July 20, 2017

Family Reunion...

While we were in San Angelo, we popped on over to Junction for our annual family reunion.... that I haven't attended since 1994!! Thankfully, I have seen most of this extended family at various times, but I was still way overdue for a good ole visit to the Llano River!

We arrived Friday afternoon, laid out in the river while the kiddos reconnected with cousins, caught minnows and skipped rocks.

Saturday morning, we filled our bellies with bacon, eggs, biscuits and homemade plum jelly. From here, 28 of us loaded up for a day of adventure on the river kayaking. This was by far the highlight of the trip for the boys! Remi rode with Kim and Roen rode with me- both getting their fair share of rowing in.

Remi and his older cousin Barrett were thick as thieves with little Roen tagging along. Friday night, they hunted down rocks and sticks and then created their own little campfire where we roasted smores later that night... it was most definitely as fun as it sounds!






















The kayaking group...

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Take me to the River...throw me in the water! Let's go back! Such a wonderful time with family. Thanks so much for the pictures. It's amazing how little kids can become best friends in an instant...we adults could take lessons from them! lol
The boys were excellent at kayaking....neither you or Kim got dumped! I was impressed with their skills. Until next year.....
Have a great weekend and I love y'all bunches!