Friday, August 18, 2017

Sweet Summer Memories...

As I look back on our summer, there are so many good memories. We had more time with family than ever before, we all have tans from the non-stop swimming we did and there were so many days spent with friends. I am sad the summer flew by so fast, but the best times almost always do!

One day, the boys heard the garbage truck coming and they ran out to watch it get our trash. A few minutes later Roen ran in and I peeked out the window to see what Remi was doing. My heart melted when I saw him bringing our trash can up the driveway...



This was a day Micah was out of town. I always make the boys spaghetti when he is out of town- it's something the boys get very excited about. In fact, on this afternoon, they were so hungry and ready for spaghetti, we ate dinner at 3:00...



This was a morning when I had just gotten out of the shower. I peeked my head out the bathroom door to check on the boys and they were cuddled up sharing iPad secrets...



It's all these tiny little moments spent together, everyday, that make summer so special for us.

Staying at home, eating PB&Js for lunch, dumping out millions of Legos on the back patio to make water vehicles to push around in the pool, laundry baskets full of wet swimsuits, sleepovers with good friends, sticky hands from popsicles and looking forward to that magic moment when Daddy gets home!

All this said, Fall is right around the corner, and with that, a whole new set of excitment will fill our time! Frito Chilli Pie, Halloween, candy corn, pumpkin patches, scarfs and boots and watching my two favorite football players chase flags!

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

The summer days are the best! I'm at a loss for words...shock,shock! But what I will say is that I love your ability to write such vivid stories. After reading this I feel like I was there with y'all for these moments. Thank you again for taking the time to share the life and times of your little Davenport family. Onward to fall, football and fun times! Love & hugs! ❤️ Happy Friday!!