Monday, April 2, 2018

Catching-Up on Reading...

It has been forever since I have updated my reading! Early this Fall, I started a series (which I still have not finished) and then I started a local book club which took me away from my series. Right around that time, I started watching Parenthood on Netflix, which really took me away from any reading at all!

Here are some books I have just finished up...



Magpie Murders: This was the first book our book club chose to read. It took me longer than normal to finish this book, and because of that I don't think I liked it as much as I could have. This murder mystery was very interesting, as it was divided into two stories- the second, in which was a book inside of a book and then at the end it all got tied up in a pretty bow to make sense of it all. I was a bit dissappointed in the in ending-- it felt to plain and simple for the lead-up and there were tons of characters to keep track of. I think overall, it felt like a little too much work to truly enjoy.

Town In A Blueberry Jam: This murder mystery was the second book our book club read. This book was just ok. There were so many parts that felt a little too basic and simple. The characters seemed a bit shallow and honestly, the entire story was just too easy to forget.

Sweet Tea Tuesdays: Right off the bat, this story stirred up my emotions. There were almost too many ways I identified with the characters and not in ways that I really liked. I plunged through though and about halfway through, I decided I liked the book. This was a quick read, not only because it is fairly short, but because it was hard to put down. I found myself loving characters I started off not liking at all and by the end I was in tears. This book represented real people and the fact that everyone has their flaws. It was about making choices to be true to yourself and finding the lemonade in a pile of lemons. I truly did enjoy this book!

The Wish Granter: This a YA book that I got through my subscription from Uppercase- all books from Uppercase are new releases and signed by the author- a detail I love! This book is based on the fairytale of Rumpelstiltskin. I love fairytales and I loved this dark take on the story. This book was very hard to put down and if I can ever make it to the bottom of my 'to read' basket, I have every intention of buying more books by Redwine.

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Love your comments on Sweet Tea Tuesdays...it was a really good book. Lots of twists that I didn’t expect but a tender ending. Happy reading! Love you.