Wednesday, August 22, 2018

First Day of School...

Last Wednesday, the boys had their first day of school where they became official 2nd and 3rd graders. I always thought that when Remi entered 3rd grade it would feel so weird to have a child that old. Funny thing is, it doesn't really feel weird. You see your children learn and advance and you know it is time for them to move on, move up. And there is really just something comforting about the natural order they follow in their growing up. The older the boys get, the more and more I love them. So, for me growing up is something I love watching them do!

However, I do not really handle them doing it away from me so well. For me, dropping my kids off at school on the first day, in a new classroom, with a whole new set of rules and expectations has not gotten easier. I like my babies home with me so that I can be a part of their days- not a little part, but a big part. I like to look out my widow to see them playing, I like fixing them PB&J for lunch, I like taking care of them in every way and to know that someone else is doing that for me feels unfair.

I walked Roen in first and I teared up. Then I walked Remi over to a different building and the tears got bigger as I walked out of his classroom- bottom line, this is a hard day for me!













Both boys had wonderful things to say and big smiles when I picked them up. This is going to be an amazing year- maybe the best one yet and if I have to hand my boys over for the day, I full have confidence their teachers will do a fantastic job of loving them until they can get home to their momma!

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

So happy that they are loving school! It is hard to turn them over to someone else and in the blink of an eye they will have their trucks loaded and going off to college! Slow down time!
On another note...the teacher goodie baskets were so cute! Very thoughtful and I’m sure appreciated. You do a great job, little momma!
Love & hugs Davenport Family!! 😘