Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Way They Play...

One of my favorite parts of the boys being so close in age is getting to see how very different they are while only being 19 months apart.

The other day, they were both off playing, doing their own little things, in their own little worlds. Later, after they had abandoned their play to partake in a little baseball with Micah, I went to see what they had been up to. It is these instances that always make me smile, laugh and celebrate the differences in my boys.

Remi has never been my child who fits in 'the box'. Never wanted to, never tried, and never even comes close. He is constantly pushing the limits, challenging anything he can and constantely spilling over 'the box'. When he plays, it is very rarely with toys. It is almost always with tools, batteries, wires, duct tape, wood, rope and anything else he can get his hands on! On this particular day, Remi made a little water siphon. I could not tell you where this idea came from or how he figured out how to make it work, but I can tell you, he had a cup underneath this little gadget collecting the water.





Roen has always been my child who is more than happy to fit in 'the box'. He would also be happy to fit into anything else we expected. Roen is a child who has the tenderest of hearts and loves to share his love. When I went upstairs, I saw that Roen had created a farm. He had carefully put up fences the keep the cows safe, had taken the time to line up each farm vehicle and made sure that every single cow had food in their trough. This little boy has a heart of gold!





I find things like this all the time, so none of this is surprising, but it never gets old.

1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Wow...this is such a cool post! I find it interesting how they are both so methodical in their own way. It will be exciting to see where they both end up in their careers....many years down the road! My prediction...Remi, an engineer and Roen, an accountant. Happy Thursday Davenport Family...love & hugs to you all!