Thursday, July 25, 2024

4th of July...

I sure do love the 4th of July, but I was a bit out of sorts this year. In fact, I didn't even get out all my most favorite red, white, and blue flare! The completion of the house is right around the corner, but still seems so far out and my house is full of fixtures, wallpaper, door knobs... and on and on and on. I reeeeally wanted our 4th of July lake day back and though the pool day was wonderful, I just couldn't shake the restlessness. 

We started with the parade, then the boys volunteered at the carnival, followed by a little morning lake swimming at the beach, sand volleyball, and an afternoon of pool time at our house. By the time we snacked, ate dinner, and were pruned up from all day water festivities, I think we were all pretty tired! We tossed around a few ideas for firework watching, because really the yard is a construction zone and there were too many for a boat viewing, so someone had the idea of watching it on our future porch. I jumped on this, loving the idea of some before and after pics of this year compared to next year. 

It was a day that started early and went until the fireworks popped, but it really was a wonderful day, I think this mamma is just getting that nesting syndrome!












1 comment:

Cindy Rector said...

Looks like you all had a busy day! Y’all picked the perfect spot to view the fireworks!! I can only imagine what next year’s pictures will look like!! It will be an amazing transformation! The red, white and blue will be shining!! Thanks for sharing. Love y’all 😘